First published by Andersen Press in 1989, Elmer the Patchwork Elephant™ is a world-famous picture book character created by David McKee. Elmer features in over 30 books, helping children to learn about friendship and to accept and celebrate being different. Elmer’s distinctive bright patchwork pattern is a fixture in homes, nurseries and schools internationally.
- Translated into 50 languages, over 8 million copies of Elmer have been sold; 4.5 million in the UK
- Book sales are growing strongly : from 2013 to 2016, sales grew each year by an average of 48% greater than comparative brands such as The Gruffalo, The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Guess How Much I Love You (Source : Neilsen Booktrack)
- Andersen Press is publishing seven new titles in 2018
- Products include : Plush (Rainbow Designs), melamine (Petit Jour), greetings & wrap (Hype), toys (Milly & Flynn) baby apparel (Dennicci, Casa Chicos, JoJo Maman Bebe), toddler nightwear (Cooneen) and dress-up (Christy’s, Travis)
- In Jan 17, Elmer launched into babywear with great success. Baby and pre-school apparel featured in Tu at Sainsbury’s, M&Co and JoJo Maman Bebe.
- New collections are in development for 2018. New Elmer apparel looks are in development for 2018/19
- Rockerfeller Productions launches a new Elmer stage show and tour in 2018
- Christy’s and Travis launch new Elmer costumes for World Book Day 2018
Elmer’s 30th Birthday in 2019!
Many events and activities are planned in support of Elmer’s 30th Birthday. These include an Elmer’s Big Art Parade elephant trail with Wild in Art and a David McKee retrospective art exhibition and tour. There is the opportunity for special 30th Birthday licensing and retail exclusives. Talk to us about how you can join in the celebrations during Elmer’s special year.
For more information about Elmer, please contact Claire Potter